Photo Courtesy of www.pixabay.com
Short Term Rentals in Elk Grove & More
This is a wonderful community located in the Sacramento area. It can be hard to find short term rentals in Elk Grove. Whether you’re looking for corporate housing, or what is called “extended stay,” our experts can help you. We have the pulse of the Elk Grove market, and know where hard-to-find furnished apartments are located.
This California city is located in Sacramento County, only 15 miles south of the state capital of Sacramento. California State Highway 99 runs through the city, which is also close to Interstate I-5. The Sacramento International Airport, less than a 30-minute drive away, provides carrier service via major airlines and rail transportation is also available in Sacramento.
Founded in 1850 as a stage and hotel stop, it soon became a hub for local commerce largely due to its proximity to historic Sutter’s Fort. Evolving with a growth pattern distinct from that of its northern neighbor Sacramento, the city quietly expanded outward into adjoining countrywide areas until the late 20th century. Reliant on agriculture throughout most of its history, today the area retains its farms, vineyards and livestock industries, but has more recently supplemented these with a burgeoning prominence of high-tech, professional service and commercial and retail enterprises.
Things to do
The city is within easy driving distance of both the Bay Area and Sierra Mountain resorts, and the city also offers its visitors and residents a variety of home-grown attractions. One of it’s more prominent outdoor spots is Laguna Creek Parkway, a 13-mile waterway which includes walking and riding trails, fishing and bird watching. On the western edge of the city is Stone Lakes Refuge, recently dedicated as a National Wildlife Refuge. The city is also home to dozens of small parks, totaling more than 140 acres of recreational amenities. The city also hosts several annual events. Some of these are:
- Elk Grove Western Festival (May): Two days of Western-themed family-oriented fun.
- Salute to Red, White & Blue: An annual Fourth of July event featuring music as well as ground and aerial fireworks displays.
- Strauss Festival (July): Features the waltzes of Johann Strauss as interpreted by period-costumed dancers, actors and a professional symphonic orchestra.
- Community Harvest & Giant Pumpkin Festival (October): A hometown fall harvest festival with crafts, food and entertainment.
- Dickens Faire (November): An old-fashioned street fair located in the historic section of Elk Grove.