Riverside Furnished Apartments & More
Founded in the late 1800s, the city is in the metropolitan area comprising San Bernardino-Ontario. Riverside furnished apartments can be difficult to find.. This area is known as “The Inland Empire” because it was once separated from Los Angeles by a large rural expanse. Riverside lies 60 miles east of Los Angeles. The Pacific Ocean is about 35 miles to the southwest
The area was historically very sparsely populated due to its desert like climate. John North, a pro-temperance abolitionist, founded the city with the hope of furthering education and culture. At about the same time, naval orange cultivation took off, drawing railroads to the area. The climate, transportation and innovative water supply, which allowed the orange industry to thrive, also brought easterners escaping their cold winters.
Only about 10.2 inches of rain fall each year in the area. Temperatures reach 90 degrees an average of 100 days of the year. August daily highs average 95 degrees while daily lows average 64 degrees. January offers average daily highs of 68 degrees and average daily lows of 43 degrees.
Fleetwood Enterprises, a Fortune 100 company which manufactures recreational vehicles and manufactured homes, is headquartered here. One of the largest employers is the University of California. The economy also includes such industries as wood, plastics, metal fabrication, electrical instruments and food packaging.
Arts and Leisure
Cultural, historical and leisure attractions include:
- The Riverside Metropolitan Museum.
- The Mission Inn.
- The Heritage House.
- The Riverside Art Museum.
- The La Sierra University Museum of Natural History.
- The UCR California Museum of Photography.
- The California Citrus State Historic Park.
- The Blankenship Ballet Company.
- The California Riverside Ballet.
- The Inland Empire/Riverside County Philharmonic.
- The Community Players.
- Cultural and entertainment sights in nearby Los Angeles.
- Sports teams, both professional and college, in metropolitan Los Angeles.