Photo Courtesy of www.pixabay.com
Woodland Furnished Rentals & More
Located in Yolo county, the city is 9 miles N of Davis, California and 16 miles NW of Sacramento, California. Woodland furnished rentals can be difficult to find, so let the experts at Key Housing Connections assist you in locating and furnishing the perfect temporary home.
The city is regarded as a suburb of Sacramento. It’s an agricultural area and due to its location near Interstate 5. The city is home to numerous trucking companies. It also includes manufacturing and distribution centers. Modular home manufacturing is a prominent industry.
The Poo-e-win were the original inhabitants in the region. In 1851 “Uncle Johnny” Morris was the first non-native settler to arrive. S. Freeman bought the general store and a large acreage. He believed the town could become a primary trading center for the local agricultural community. He gave away plots of land to people who agreed to construct a home on it.
A U.S. Post office was established in 1861. Freeman’s wife convinced him to name it Woodland, due to the surrounding wooded countryside. The city began to expand after the arrival of the California Pacific Railroad in 1869. The city was incorporated in 1871.
- The downtown includes numerous attractive historic buildings.
- The Yolo County Fair is a popular event.
- “Stroll Through History” includes walking tours of historic areas, Victorian homes and exhibits of historic equipment and vehicles.
- The Dynamite Chili Cook-off features live music and activities for children.
- The Christmas Parade is a popular event.
- The Heidrick Ag History Center features historic, unique agricultural equipment.
- Hays Antique Truck Museum includes a vast number of commercial trucks.
- Yolo County Historical Museum is included in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Opera House is a California Historical Landmark.
The city is served by the nearby Sacramento International Airport.